Growing Minds improves the quality of early childcare and preschool settings by offering coaching, training and support to early childhood teachers and program leaders.
Do you want to?
- Give kids the experiences they need most to connect and learn?
- Work with a friendly, knowledgeable coach who offers information, suggestions and support?
- Network with other professionals to share resources, best practices and build skills?
Who can participate:
- Home and center-based early child care providers and preschools in Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison and Orange Counties.
- Community members who want to start a high-quality child care program.
What to expect:
- Growing Minds offers ALL early childhood providers opportunities for professional growth.
- We take theory and jargon and break it down into strategies that really work.
- We provide individual consultation, group trainings, skill coaching, and quality improvement planning based on the latest research.
- Most of our services are provided free of charge to participants.
How it works:
- We partner with you to start or enhance your program.
- A child care educator works with you individually to assess your needs.
- You become part of a learning community that understands child care is much more than baby-sitting.
- By participating in quality improvement, you become eligible for various incentive programs.